Finance Operations Series
LSPA partners with experts at KPMG to provide members a timely and relevant series for financial planning and operations. The topics that will be discussed in this session are:
- Advisory Landscape - the economic landscape means for strategic planning for R&D companies
- Human Resources: Compensation & Benefits - discrepancy between capabilities and compensation, CFO Hiring and packages
- Deal Making & Reverse Mergers - the time it takes for deals to happen i.e. state of economy considerations, time it takes to value a company, culture of compensation, etc. Different types of deals, reverse mergers, SPACs (a fad that is fading?)
- Moderator: Sun Lee, Partner in Business Tax Services – Strategic Corporate, KPMG
- Varun Renjen, Managing Director in Advisory – Strategy PDT
- Jonathan Turner, Senior Manager in Global Mobility Services – Comp & Benefits
- Bryce Arruda, Director in Advisory – Financial Due Diligence
- Tony Renzulli, Manager in Business Tax Services - Accounting Methods & Credit Services
- Open to all members and non-members
- Ideal Audience: This course was designed for C-level Executives, tax Management, and tax Directors
- Estimated CPE credits: This program is worth approximately one CPE credit.
- Advanced preparation & prerequisites: There are no prerequisites or advanced preparation requirements for this course.
- Instructional delivery method: This will be a virtual classroom training.
Learning Objectives: After attending this session participate should be able to:
- Discuss the latest deal trends in the life science industry
- Understand the various components of compensation & benefits consideration in growing companies
- Understand how to apply the Employee Retention Credit (ERC) rules
Estimated CPE credits: The estimated CPE credit for this course will be one credit in Tax. Please note that the final CPE and field of study will be confirmed after delivery of the program.
Target audience: This course was designed for C-level Executives, tax Management, and tax Directors.
Program level: Overview
Advanced preparation & prerequisites: There are no prerequisite or advanced preparation requirements for this course.
Instructional delivery method: The NASBA Delivery method for this CPE Program is Group-Internet based.
Policies & Questions
Refund/cancellation policy: This program is offered free of charge. As such refunds are not applicable. Questions: Contact Lauren Boyle, [email protected]
KPMG provides reasonable accommodations to individuals who request such accommodations to participate in training. Individuals requesting such an accommodation(s) should contact your local HR professional at least two weeks prior to the start date of the program.
KPMG is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final Authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addresses to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN 37219-2417. www.nasba.org