Basics of Biotech is a comprehensive, virtual four half day course providing you with an overview of the development of biopharmaceuticals. The course will start with foundational basics and give a detailed overview of the entire process from discovery to commercialization. As an attendee, you will learn a bit of the science behind biotech products, the clinical research process, regulatory filings, and scale-up for manufacturing. Different types of products such as biologic drugs, biosimilars, personalized medicine, stem cell, and regenerative medicine will be outlined.
Choose from either of 2 dates:
- Tuesday, April 27 - Friday, April 30
- Tuesday, August 10 - Friday, August 13
Agenda: Daily 9:00am - 1:00pm EST
Day 1 -
- Basic Biology
- Biotech Product
- Biotech Operations and Product Development
- Pre-Clinical and Clinical Trials
Day 2 -
- Production and Purification of a Biologic
- Virus structure and classes
- Virus manufacturing
- Manufacturing Facilities
Day 3 -
- Overview of Stem Cells and Clinical Applications
- Immunology and Cancer
- Cell Therapy Manufacturing Processes
- RMAT Product Types and Manufacturing Considerations
Day 4 -
- Company Strategies
- Biotechnology Economics
- Manufacturing Strategy and Challenges
- Putting it All Together
Who Should Attend?
This course will benefit anyone who is new to the biotech/biopharma industries, needs to know the process at a high-level, or those who need a refresher. There is no level of prerequisite knowledge or understanding necessary to attend. Additionally, this course will be of value to those who support any step within the development process, including outside vendors. *Accredited for 10 CLE Credits for all PA Lawyers!
*This registration is non-transferable and only allows one access per individual, including on-demand access after the conclusion of the course.